Thursday, June 30, 2022

About this blog

This blog was created so that I could talk about my opinions more easily. The idea was to write my opinion in detail, and then when my opinion about something were asked about, I could link the post instead of explaining everything.

Eventually, I had formed opinions on every main philosophical topic, so that now, the blog serves to show what my system is like. I begin by setting certain rules that I believe to be essential to doing philosophy. Following these, I create a fairly simple metaphysics and develop it further by writing commentaries on various texts from its perspective. Using concepts from this metaphysics, I develop a natural-law ethical framework which, together with an anthropology that I made up, serves to deduce all of my ethics. Those ethics are the basis for my political beliefs, as may be seen in my posts on private property and on punishment. More particular details may be seen at the minor posts in my list of posts, and I have written a glossary that may be consulted on key terms.

Not all of my posts are about philosophy, but most of them are, and the ones that aren’t strictly about philosophy have often been related. For instance, I have made a post collecting references on the literary theme of “the wheel of Fortune”, which is a theme that was, of course, made famous by Boethius’s Consolation of Philosophy.

Content license

I release all past and future content on this blog into the public domain, except for material where copyright is reserved by someone other than me. Anyone may do whatever they want with what I wrote. I appreciate it if attribution is given to my name and to this blog, but I don’t mind it if not.

Similarly, all other content that I have ever made or will make, regardless of whether it is on this blog or not, is public domain to the extent possible, i.e., excluding anything where the copyright is someone else’s. This is because I believe that all so-called intellectual property is unjustified in principle, as I have said, for instance, here. Even if the language in this page turns out to be held legally invalid for some reason, I promise I’ll never sue anyone over copyright or other IP law.

Contact

This blog was not meant to reach many strangers; if you are seeing it, I have probably contacted you myself. Just in case, though, I will link my Facebook profile here, since I had already made a post listing my meme pages on the site. I won’t write my e-mail address because I want to avoid it being scraped, although it’s apparently available from my Blogger profile anyway. I also have a Twitter account.

Donate

I don’t think anyone will really donate, but I wanted to paste a bitcoin wallet address here.

3B7oeununUoBiKYGXWhZFzJ9B5dyNpYpRD

No comments:

Post a Comment