Thursday, October 22, 2020

Kindle in bed

I have a Kindle, and it is the best device for reading in bed. These are the reasons:

1. Light

The front light of the Kindle Paperwhite is much softer and more comfortable to see in the dark than the backlighting of a phone screen. Of course, having any attached light at all also makes it superior to physical books, which require careful positioning of a lamp to be read in the dark.

2. Battery

My phone’s battery is pretty good, but not that much; I want it to be fully charged when I wake up. I think this is the case with most phones. If I use it while charging, then I have to lay in bed in a certain position, so as to not tangle myself with the cable or pull it tight, which is less comfortable. The Kindle has a long battery; while Amazon no longer advertises, or provides, one month of battery duration, it is still long enough that I can use it without charging for many days in a row; I can read it in bed without thinking of the battery.

3. Notes

The Kindle has a rudimentary notes function, made rudimentary mainly by the annoying on-screen keyboard. It is still enough that I do not need to immediately stop reading and turn on a light or look at a bright screen in order to make a note of something or remember to look something up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment